Thursday, September 26, 2013

Beauty School Drop-Out


Hey y'all -

So, a few days ago, Laney got out the face paint pencil set that Aunt Nancy had given her for her third birthday and suggested that it would be SO! MUCH! FUN! if only I would let her paint my face. In fact, if only I would let her, she would turn me into a butterfly princess.

Being familiar with Laney's work, I should have been more hesitant, but I thought it might be fun. I also thought you couldn't get much color out of those little pencils. And who wouldn't want to be a butterfly princess, am I right?

I should have been suspicious by the amount of glee your dad and Hagen were deriving from the process.


Eh, what can you do? It was everything I look for in a successful family activity: Laney got to exercise her artistic side, Hagen got to participate and share in the fun, your dad got to see me look like a failed cosmetology experiment, and I didn't lose an eye.





Love,
Mom

P.S. I made this my new profile photo on facebook, and got this response from my cousin Heidi:



No comments:

Post a Comment