Friday, September 2, 2016

iPhone Round-Up


Hey, yall - 

I usually remember to bring my "good' camera with me to important life events, but in between, I sometimes forget that my phone is loaded up with the day-to-day of our lives, and the story those pictures tell is just as important. So, here's some stuff I found on my phone from the last month or so...

Hagen + Finley, The Epic Friendship Continues

You two knuckleheads were both home for the month of August, so Finley's mom and I took turns hosting you every day. I was still working, and thought this would be a disaster, but it turned out I got MORE done on the days you two were here than on the days you were at Finley's house. Usually, the two of you would go in Hagen's room and work on a project together in near silence ("Here Finley, you build this thing while I read the constructions.")  There was one day when the only time I heard from you was when Finley came upstairs to my desk, handed me the TV remote and said "Netflix wants to know if we are done watching 'Rescue Bots' and we are not."



Animal Wonders

You two went to an animal-themed birthday party where a local rescue organization brought animals for the kids to learn about and hold. Laney petted a skink and Hagen held a pygmy hedgehog. It's amazing the information you guys pick up in passing. Why just yesterday morning at 6am, Hagen woke me up by whispering in my ear, "MOM...MOM....MOM...MOM...did you know there's a bug that doesn't have a real head but has holes on the side of its body that it can breathe through? I learned that at Laila's party."

No. I did not know that.


It's Fun To Camp At The Y-M-C-A!

Laney, you and your friend Jude went to Camp Tepeetonka at the YMCA throughout August, where you traveled out to Campland and played camp games and went swimming and did crafts went on field trips to the lake on a big bus and generally acted like you had never met me before at drop-off and pick-up.


Celebrate

Your dad got an important and exciting promotion at work, and we took him out for a steak to celebrate, which Hagen slept through. We ate his fries. 


Concrete 101

We decided to enclose our small back porch off the kitchen and turn it into a pantry, so your dad taught Laney how to mix concrete. Never too early to start. 



Y'all, I Promise He's Not Narcoleptic


"Before You Leave The House, Look In The Mirror And Take One Thing Off." - Coco Chanel

This is how Laney dresses at 8:30am on a Saturday morning for a run to the grocery store, Coco Chanel be damned. 


Related: Laney got cowboy boots in the mail from Peg Peg and Tex as an early birthday present, and near-bout lost her mind. 


The Burbachs Leave The House

This is what it looks like when we leave the house for the afternoon:


We had a few days of amazing weather, so we went on afternoon floats on the Clark Fork river. Laney is now good enough with the paddle board that she can captain her own, down three miles of water. Very very proud of her. The water is moving slow enough these days that she can stop and take a rest, or - her new favorite trick - roll off the board and just float along beside it. 


Hagen usually rides with me, and he's no real trouble, since he usually takes a snooze halfway (two Saturdays in a row). 






This One Is Too Hard. This One Is Too Soft. This One Is JUUUUST Right

Your dad woke up with a wild hair last weekend to buy everyone in the house a new mattress. Laney got a big-girl bed for her birthday, Hagen got a new twin bed with "Paw Patrol" sheets (First thing out of his mouth: "Finley is NOT going to believe this!") and your dad and I upgraded to a King. Your dad said "We're really going to enjoy the extra room!" Instead, this is what it looked like when I finished reading the bedtime story that first night:


And that's our August day-to-day!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment