Monday, September 5, 2016

Me In A Bag


Dear Laney,

For your first homework assignment of second grade, your teacher sent home a little brown paper lunch bag stapled to an instruction sheet titled "Me In A Bag." Your task was to fill the bag with ten objects that you could share with the class that would help introduce who you are as a person. Everything had to fit in the bag, and every item needed to share a little bit about your interests or hobbies or family... A one-bag bio, if you will. 

These were the items you chose:


1. HOT SAUCE PACKET FROM TACO BELL - "Because chicken tacos from Taco Bell are my favorite food."

2. A ROCK - "Because I like to go hiking and pick up rocks and I thought this one was pretty."

3. SWIM GOGGLES - "Because I learned to swim this summer and I love to go on the river and I passed the YMCA swim test at camp." [Ed. note: This is true. They gave you a plastic orange wristband at camp that you could wear for admission to the deep end of the pool. You were so proud of this that you wore the wristband to Hawaii and kept it on for most of our trip as if it were a universal symbol of swimming preparedness. I kept thinking you were going to show it to a Hawaiian lifeguard and assure them 'I passed the test in Missoula, so I'm good.'"]

4. PICTURES WITH HAGEN - "Because he's my brother and he's funny and I love him."

5. A PIECE OF SWIM NOODLE - "Because I just turned 7 and my dad built me a waterslide and it was my best birthday ever."

6. A GAME TIMER - "Because I LOVE to play board games." [This is true. You especially love a game called Family Challenge which makes your dad and me do physical challenges like "The most jumping jacks in 60 seconds!" We hate this game so, so much.]

7. GOLF BALL - "Because I'm really good at mini golf."

8. MY DAD'S NAVY HAT AND NAME TAG - "Because we're a Navy family."

9. SEASHELLS - "Because I collect them."

10. A LEI - "Because I went to Hawaii and I love it there."



You got your items all together, and then asked me to take a picture of you with your things. 

There you have it: a one-bag snapshot of the stuff that makes you you. 

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment