Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Love LA(-ney)


Dear Laney,

It has been suggested by one of your pushier grandparents that I need to quit working and get back to blogging. I don't want to name names, but he lives in Georgia and deals in antiques.

So...much has happened since my last post.

I spent a weekend of my life in Los Angeles, producing a music video with these yahoos:



While I was gone, your dad did a great job of keeping you all by himself. In fact, he was almost too good. There's this great episode of "The Andy Griffith Show" where Aunt Bee goes out of town and Andy and Opie are left home alone. When she gets back, she sees that they kept the house clean and got along fine without her, so she starts crying because she thinks they don't need her. Andy makes Opie go in the kitchen and make a huge mess so Bee will think she's needed. I'm not quit as sensitive as Aunt Bee, but it wouldn't have hurt your dad to be a little messier.

Apparently while I was gone, everyone your dad is related to called to check on him - we had 15 new calls on our phone when I got back. It's nice to know everyone cares so much about you. Your dad says you guys did all sorts of fun things this weekend - for example, you got to sit in the Baby Jogger and watch him chop firewood. He says you got a kick out of it, but I would have to see it to believe it.

It was nice to go back to work on Monday with my favorite co-worker:



Yesterday, we went into town to get the new tire put on the car. While you were sitting in your stroller at the Subaru place, you reached down and yanked off both of your socks and stuffed them in your mouth. THAT'S definitely something new you picked up while I was gone. I hope it wasn't something you saw your dad do.

Love,
Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment