Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'd Have To Be Crazy



Dear Laney,

We're having one of those days around here when Dad works on something loud and dangerous in a gaping hole in the floor. Other families call them "Saturdays." Once again, you and I thought it would be a good idea to clear out of the house for a while, so we decided to go for a walk.

Before we could leave, you had to stop in the driveway and have a long and very heated conversation with whatever poor imaginary soul was on the other side of this PVC connector. I don't know who it was, but I bet you're going to get that money refunded to your account in seven to ten business days.


We saw lots of pretty flowers along the road, and even discovered a beautiful ladybug.


Speaking of bugs, you spotted an ant in the middle of the road, and sat down to track its progress.


It reminded me of that great Willie Nelson song, "I'd Have To Be Crazy," which goes:

There's been days when it pleased me
To be on my knees
Followin' ants as they crawled 'cross the ground.
Been insane on a train, but I'm still me again
And the place where I hold you is true.
So I know I'm all right, 'cause I'd have to be crazy
To fall out of love with you.

So true, Willie. So true.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment