Monday, June 6, 2011

Kinkle Kinkle, Eedle Gar


Dear Laney,

Woohoo, we had fun playing together last night.

If anyone were to ask me, "What's the single best piece of parenting advice you've been given thus far?," I would not hesitate to tell them about my cousin Heidi's miracle invention of popsicles in the tub. You've been in a phase lately where you do. not. under. any. circumstances. want to take a bath. I try to lower you into the tub, and you spread your legs out into a "V" so you won't fit. No matter what angle I try, you swing your legs around like Mary Lou Retton to keep from getting wet. At a certain point, I figured we were crossing the line into child abuse, so I let you go an embarrassing number of days without a bath.

Then, Heidi sent me this photo of that bath you took at her house, and I was able to replicate its success, hot pink water and all:


After your bath, you colored your face with black magic marker a pretty picture, and then we played a new game you invented called "'Night, 'Night." "'Night, 'Night" seems to consist of you putting your little plastic Dora doll down for a nap, using a washcloth for a blanket. It sounds quick and simple, but because everything has to be just so with you, it ended up taking about half an hour. Seriously, this footage is at x800.


'Night, 'night,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment