Monday, July 25, 2011

The Doctor Will See You Now*


Dear Laney,

Before we started our bathroom renovation, we had to move all of our belongings out of there. Yesterday evening, you and I sorted through all of the boxes of junk and found a bar of soap from a hotel I stayed in twelve years ago, enough hair rollers and hairspray to style an all-girls school in south Georgia, and a box of 50 latex gloves. You pulled on a pair of the gloves and wore them straight through 'til bedtime. No idea where or when we got the gloves, or why we have them; I promise I'm not running a free clinic out of your room.**



Love,
Mom

*I was going to title this post, "Turn Your Head and Cough," but your dad said it might be a little too racy for a baby blog.

**Although for $10, I'd be happy to listen sympathetically to anyone's symptoms and then google 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment