Tuesday, July 26, 2011

For The Grandparents Re: Laney's Birthday


Dear Grandparents & Other Assorted Loved Ones:

We're less than a month out from Laney's 2nd birthday. This is when I typically make the announcement that there is nothing in the world that Laney needs, and you certainly don't need to send her anything, and I'm more than happy to lie and tell her you got her something nice, because two seconds later she will have forgotten the conversation entirely, and be back on her "WANNA WHITE OARS" kick. She's going through a delightful stage where a fifty cent carousel ride makes her week.

But since this "no gifts necessary" announcement tends to fall on deaf ears, I made a little list of things I think she'd like and doesn't already own - either books she loved from the library, or accessories for her new kitchen - that kind of thing. I'm pretty sure they all qualify for free shipping. Feel free to ignore the list, but I thought it might be helpful for those of you who were looking for gift ideas.

-Brooke

3 comments:

  1. We tried to buy something but Peg Peg had already bought everything on the register...

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I just looked and it says it's all unpurchased. Maybe peg just told you that to scare you off. You know she doesn't like it when somebody touches her stuff..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I was just kidding. I figured that I needed to clear up that rumor today. Did she tell you that she and Tex are coming to visit me in August?? I am pretty excited yet feeling guilty at the same time as I am taking vacation time that she could be with you guys. :(

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete