Sunday, July 3, 2011

On The Road


Dear Laney,

We loaded up the car and headed out for Colorado last Thursday. We had 8000 diapers, 16 books, 5 hand puppets, 3 pounds of M&Ms, 2 hours of Dora the Explorer downloaded onto my iPod and 1 very excited grandmother.

We stopped halfway through Idaho to enjoy some Mexican food, because if there's one place in the world where you can count on the Mexican cuisine to be authentic, it's Guadalajara Idaho Falls.




On our way to the hotel in Salt Lake City, I remembered that the show I work for was shooting somewhere in Utah this week. I went back and actually read some of the e-mails I'd been sent, and realized that not only were they shooting in Utah, they were less than a mile from the hotel where we were staying. And that's how I found myself in a story meeting in the middle of our vacation.


Yes, this is how big-time television gets made, people: in a sitting room at the Country Inn N' Suites.

Day One of our trip was a major victory. You were extremely pleasant, except for one stretch of remote Utah when three adults over the legal drinking age were forced to listen to "BARNEY SINGS!" And yet, no one cried. Not even you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment