Friday, August 31, 2012

Blog Facts


A few fun facts:

* This is my 959th post. As someone who could never be counted on to finish a book report in school, I find this shocking.

*  After 3+ years of blogging, I reached the maximum free storage capacity for the blog yesterday, and I now have to pay Google a monthly fee of $2.47. This comes to 41 cents per grandparent, although I'm also willing to accept an annual check for $4.93, if that's easier for y'all.

* The blog averages about 50 unique visitors per day. I figure I know about 18 of them. Weird.

* The most common reason strangers click on my blog? They're searching for that Far Side cartoon about the dingo farm next door to the day care, and this blog apparently has the most high-resolution version on the web.

* People have also found their way to this blog using the following search terms: "Boa Constrictor Tattoo," "Most Eligible Bachelor In Montana," (bet they were disappointed to find out he's five), "In Celebration of Bad Parenting," and "Don't Tell Dr. Hoover."

* Someone in Spain reads this blog every day. I don't know who you are, but "hola!" Dora taught me that.

* My mother complains that the commenting system doesn't work. Let me know if anyone else has had this problem - there's nothing I'd love more than an occasional comment, and I'd hate to think it's not working.

-Brooke





5 comments:

  1. I'm commenting!!!!

    Have you listened to "A Pirate's Life" yet?

    Arr Arr Arr Arr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commenting did not work yesterday. I left two only slightly interesting comments and neither took. I assumed you had a filter that prevented people from leaving boring comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And while the commenting seems to be working, have you listened to the audio captcha? Cree-py.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Cristy. I live in Japan. I read your blog almost every day. I found your blog through my friend Julie. I love your humor. I love that you are keeping a journal for your kids, that is awesome!!! I am not crazy or a stalker. Just a mother of four who had days like yours but has never really jotted it down. You blog makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie - Weirdly, it e-mailed me your comments, but when I clicked on the blog to respond, they weren't there. I figured you'd changed your mind and deleted them. I'm married to a scientist; I have no boring filter.

    Cristy - So nice to meet you! Thor used to be stationed in Japan, and we were talking about it just last night as we were having sushi in Missoula and discussing how eating sushi in Montana is a fairly ridiculous thing to do. Just as I wouldn't order a corn dog in Kyoto. Scratch that. It would probably be some kind of high-tech tempura, and therefore awesome.

    ReplyDelete