Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Lo Mein Man


Hey y'all -

Your grandfather arrived from Georgia yesterday; he's here to attend the Birthday Party To End All Birthday Parties.

I'm sure he was impressed with our concierge baggage service.



When I spoke to him earlier in the week before he left Georgia, he said, "I'm looking forward to seeing if Laney talks as much as you say she does." After all, we Southerners are known for embellishing our stories. Our motto : "If the story ain't right, you make it right." So there was a chance that I had been exaggerating, and really Laney is a quiet, shy, reserved little thing who barely makes a peep.

Bwah hah hah hah hah.

At the one hour mark, I think he was holding his head in bewilderment.


We went to lunch in the park, where Philip got the lo mein from the thai place and shared with Hagen. Like all 8 month-olds, Hagen just loves ethnic food.




A few hours of playing in our yard...




... and your grandfather stumbled out to the guest house, zombie-like.

I hate it when you guys wear ME out, but I LOVE it when you do it to your grandparents.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment