Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mom Gets Crafty


Hey y'all - 

A few nights ago, we watched the movie "We Bought A Zoo," which was cute, but the characters in it kept complaining that they were SO far in the boonies at their new house because they now lived nine miles from the nearest Target.

Cry me a river, Matt Damon. 

Sometimes, when you live FORTY miles from the nearest Target (a.k.a a two-hour round-trip or $15 in gas), you have to make pioneer woman decisions, like: If Laney needs 24 valentines for her class, should I drive to the store, or should I pull out the leftover craft paper from my wedding and make some? 




Had I known how much trouble it is to make two dozen handmade fish with a preschool "glue assistant," I would have driven to town.

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. Girl, please. Yesterday, I left Hagen unsupervised long enough for him to start drinking Laney's finger paint. And he screamed at me when I took it away because he wasn't finished yet. I just don't put the dumb crap I do on the internet. But trust me - there's plenty of it.

    ReplyDelete