Monday, February 4, 2013

Sue-per Bowl Weekend


Hey y'all - 

Grandma Sue's birthday was last Friday, so on Thursday night, Laney and I stayed up and baked her some cupcakes. Actually, Laney did 90% of the work, from cracking and beating the eggs to running the mixer to pouring the batter into the muffin tin. All I did was read the directions and help her measure. I suspect that not being able to read yet is the only thing keeping Laney from going into the kitchen and baking her own damn cake. 


On Friday morning, we all left our house at the crack of dawn so we could surprise Grandma Sue with her birthday cupcakes on the way to school. Who doesn't want to be handed a plate of cupcakes at 7am, am I right? 


When I dropped Laney off at school, I told her teacher, "Laney didn't sleep well last night and her grandmother just gave her a big chocolate cupcake for breakfast, so good luck!"

This weekend was particularly special, because Uncle Nate drove over to celebrate with us. I was so excited when he pulled into the driveway, because it meant I could stop answering, "When will Uncle Nate be here? When will Uncle Nate be here?!?"

We immediately got down to business, playing Minnie Mouse Bingo.


Nate was our resident tickle monster for the weekend:




Sue arrived later on Saturday, and we all had a turkey dinner and played games and enjoyed the last of Laney's cupcakes. 





Laney thinks Uncle Nate is the coolest, and she's not afraid to tell you: "I love Uncle Nate, 'cause he gives crazy hugs." 

Or:

Laney: I have superpowers! I have Uncle Nate powers!
Thor: Like what? You can frame a house in a day?

Or:

(driving down the interstate)
Thor: Laney, did you know Uncle Nate built some of these houses?
Laney: (Narrows eyes, a la Clint Eastwood) Uncle Nate built this town.


Happy birthday to Grandma Sue, and thanks to Uncle Nate for coming over to spend the weekend with us. 

Love,
Mom








No comments:

Post a Comment