Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rounding Out The Weekend


Hey y'all -

Dad was out of town this past weekend at a search and rescue conference with the Civil Air Patrol in Helena. Occasionally, I am tempted to knock him in the head, blindfold him, and drop him a hundred miles from nowhere just to see if he can find his way back, and thus prove that I'm getting my money's worth out of all these survival conventions he's been attending.

Since Dad wasn't going to be around, I decided we should have a sleepover at Sue's, because honestly, the idea of keeping a fire going at our house just seemed like too much work. I have not been attending survival conventions.

On Friday, I picked you guys up from school, and watched Laney push Hagen in his stroller all the way to the park.







We played at the regular park for a while, then went to the water park (see yesterday's pictures), then ate tacos. All of Laney's favorite things.

The next day, Hagen took a nap while Laney and I went to the carousel and playground. We played hide and seek, and this is how Laney sometimes hides:



It makes her furious if I find her in under three minutes, so I have to pretend to look for her, talking out loud to myself the whole time while she giggles about how dumb I am. This is the most exhausting use of my drama degree thus far.



Then we rode the carousel. Laney is almost always the youngest kid riding by herself, but that doesn't keep her from striking up a conversation with all the big girls around her, even if they have no idea what she's saying because there's a pipe organ blaring at volume 90 in the background.



The carousel in motion - Laney's in there somewhere.




And then just for fun, as we were walking around from one fun activity to another, I took some pictures in Grandma Sue's neighborhood:




 We all had a great time doing fun things in town, but boy were we all excited when Dad came home.



Love,
Mom










No comments:

Post a Comment