Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Breakfast Club


Dear Laney,

This morning, we had to get up at 6am so we could drive into town and get the car serviced. 6am used to be what I would refer to as "the middle of the night." But then you came into my life, and now it's RISE AND SHINE! UP AND AT 'EM, MOM! I KNOW YOU HEAR ME DOWN THERE! time.

While our car was being worked on, I pushed you in your stroller to Caffe Dolce for breakfast, which you thought was pretty boring...


...until Mollie made her grand entrance. Yes, the one good thing about our service appointment was that the garage and the restaurant are just a few blocks from Virginia and Mollie's house so they were able to join us.


You shared your blueberries with Mollie, and you kept trying to share your utensils until Mollie looked at me like, "Why does your child think I want that dang spoon?"


We had one little kerfuffle when you were sooo busy checking out Mollie and everyone else in the place that you got turned a little sideways in your high chair, like this:


...and then somehow, in the blink of an eye, your butt slipped out the front end of the chair. You had one leg in and one leg out and I thought it was going to take a hacksaw and a tub of butter to liberate you from that thing. In my Crazed Mama mode, I briefly considered bashing the wooden chair against the concrete floor 'til it came apart. Luckily, Virginia and I were able to pull you out and you won't be spending the rest of your life as a conversation piece at an Italian cafe.


At least Mollie had a good time.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment