Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Guessing Game!


Dear Laney,

When your great-grandpa Ron was here last month, he asked me, "How many pictures have you taken of that baby?" I know he was suggesting that I don't take nearly enough.

Ahem.

Because I backed up my iPhoto library last night, I now know exactly how many photos I have taken of you since you were born (not counting the 177 various ultrasound photos).

So I thought it would be fun to have a guessing game, like those old "How many marbles in the jar?" contests.

The person who guesses closest without going over (we'll use the same rules as "The Price is Right") will win a to-be-determined prize.

Commence guessing!

Love,
Mom

EDITED TO ADD: We received an excellent question from the lady affectionately known around our house as The Other Brooke. She writes:

Are you counting total photos *taken* or just those you've kept (i.e., not the ones with eyes closed, etc.)?

She is correct in assuming that I immediately delete about 30% of the photos I take. We'll keep this contest to photos KEPT, so subtract 30% from how many you think I've TAKEN. Gosh, this just went from a breezy guessing game to actual MATH. Boo.

3 comments:

  1. Are you counting total photos *taken* or just those you've kept (i.e., not the ones with eyes closed, etc.)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1,216 and no prize is necessary if I win, just want to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask how muck memory your computer has before I guess??? J/K Like I would know what it meant anyway!! 4,800 as a conservative guess. Final answer. Bfast was fun, until Laney got trapped. Scary.

    ReplyDelete