Sunday, August 15, 2010

Laney's Birthday - A Preview and an FYI


Dear Grandparents (7), Great-Grandparents (3), Aunts and Uncles (2) and Great Aunts and Uncles (14, I think),

As you may know, Laney is turning one year old in a few weeks and we'll be celebrating with a Luau in our own backyard.

I just thought I should mention that what this child needs for her birthday: NOTHING.

Toys? Got 'em.
Books? We're bigger than the Alberton Library.
Clothes? Great Goddamighty.

Just a gentle suggestion that you in NO WAY need to send a gift to this young'un. We're all blessed beyond belief.*

I told Thor I was going to write a post discouraging the grandparents from sending gifts and he said "Yeah, good luck with that."

Love,
Brooke

*However, if you ever want to show your love by babysitting, feel free to give us a ring-a-ding-ding on the telephone and we'll set you right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment