Friday, December 10, 2010

15-Month Doctor Visit


Dear Laney,

We met with Dr. Hoover today for your 15-month check-up.

You're now 25.5 pounds (82nd percentile) and 31.25 inches (69th percentile).

We agreed that we both wish you were saying more words. I considered telling Dr. Hoover that while you don't say very many human words, you're exceptionally good at howling and barking. But I wasn't sure if that would help or hurt our defense.

Then, you figured out how to open all of her cabinets, took away her ear scope and turned the light on and off, on and off. You pointed to each of your body parts on request - nose! toes! boobies!, and you performed your version of the hokey pokey. You took a Kleenex out of her box of tissues and pretended to blow your nose.

It was around this time that Dr Hoover decided that while you're a shade behind on your verbal skills, your vocabulary comprehension and motor skills are off the charts. She also said that - just between us - it was her unbiased opinion that you're her cutest patient. Since confidentiality isn't my strong suit, I'm posting that opinion here on the ol' world wide web.

Love,
Mom


2 comments:

  1. That photo is *gorgeous*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I took it with my iPod/Hipstamatic app and I LOVE it. Couldn't wait to show it to Thor, who didn't get why I was excited. So I'm so glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete