Friday, December 31, 2010

Adventures in Dental Hygiene


Dear Laney,

In honor of the new year, I decided that it might be time to move on to a real, big-kid toothbrush.

I would say that this plan was not an unqualified success.

First, Crest claims that its baby toothpaste features a "mild fruit flavor." I let you taste it first, and you shook your head "no" and hopped back about three feet. Then your dad and I sampled it, and decided that by "mild fruit flavor," Crest actually meant to say "Baby aspirin and cough syrup in a blender with Vaseline."


So you decided to try a different tack and chew on the handle. Tastier, I'm sure, but not as effective.


Basically, what you really wanted to do was brush MY teeth for me. Heads up, cousin Heidi. We might have another dental hygienist in the family.



Not wanting to admit defeat, I pulled out some miniature travel toothbrushes that Peg Peg had left behind - one of the items she normally carries in her Mary Poppins purse, right between the sewing machine and coat rack. They came complete with just the tiniest dab of mint toothpaste. Surprisingly, you were down with this plan.



So, until we can convey to you the physics behind rinsing and spitting, I look forward to buying these expensive disposable toothbrushes. Thanks, Peg Peg!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment