Monday, February 28, 2011

Best Picture


Dear Laney,

The Other Brooke, Todd and Cedar came over last night to watch the Academy Awards. Brooke wanted to reassure me that the Oscars are one of her few mainstream media guilty pleasures...which made me laugh, since she's talking to someone who loves Velveeta cheese dip, country music from the 1980s and shopping trips to Walmart. I mean, it's not like anyone's ever going to suggest an activity to me only to hear me say, "Heavens to Betsy, no! That would be trashy!" Clutch my pearls and count me IN.

So they came over with a load of chili and wine to watch an Oscar broadcast so boring, Roger Ebert declared it "dead in the water." The real show was upstairs, where you and Cedar were playing in your room...or, to go with the theme of the night, we'll refer to it as the VIP Lounge.





Cedar is a real sport about not being allowed to touch anything you want to play with. Which is everything Cedar touches. It's a vicious cycle. We really need to work on your hostessing skills.

You ladies had pizza and pears, which I'm sure was exactly what Wolfgang Puck was serving at the Governor's Ball.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment