Friday, February 25, 2011

Home Sweet... Wait - WHAT?



Dear Laney,

So, here's a ridiculous piece of trivia: as of this month, I will have lived in this house longer than any other residence I have ever called home. For kicks, I just added up the number of towns (12) and the total number of houses/apartments/condos (24) in which I've lived. Whew.

On one hand, I've gotten to see a lot of this country and make some really interesting, diverse friends. On the other hand, when my credit card company tries to verify my identity by asking me to name the ZIP code or street address of one of my former homes, I end up sounding like The World's Most Bungling Identity Thief. "Wait - I forgot I lived there! Yeah, that place was awesome!"

I bring all this up, because I know at my wedding there was a betting pool going for how long I would be able to stand it out here in the boonies, with the smart money guessing somewhere around 6 months.

I want everyone who participated in that pool to know that I accept cash, checks and gift certificates to diapers.com.

That is all.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment