Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thinking Of Granny Jack


Dear Laney,

I hope that Granny Jack won't mind if I mention here that she had some trouble with her appendix yesterday and went into surgery last night to have it removed.

From what I hear, she is recovering like a champ, but if any of our readers happen to keep a prayer list, or a kooky prayer jar (I'm lookin' at you, Grandma Sue), please add "A Speedy Recovery For Granny Jack" to your list of requests. Of course, Jack and Jesus are good buddies from way back, so she might not even need our help.

I'm sure if anything, 80 year-old Granny Jack is just irritated that she won't be able to attend her usual weekly social functions, including multiple luncheons and an aerobics class or two. I looked it up this morning, and it appears that the human appendix weighs six ounces, so she could skip aerobics this week and still lose weight! Win, win! It's starting to make me wonder which of MY organs are medically necessary, and which could be replaced with cake.

Thinking of you today, Granny Jack, and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Love,
Brooke




1 comment:

  1. Brooke,

    First I'd like to say that I'm thinking of Granny Jack because any woman that produced Pegge must be a special person.

    Secondly, the post of Granny Jack's 80th birthday party is one of my favorites. I like to show Mom some of my favorite posts when she is visiting me (b/c she doesn't keep up with the blog quite as often as she tells your mom that she does :)). She just happened to be at my house a couple of days after that post b/c my grandmother (her mom) had passed away and we were headed to MS for the funeral. When Granny Jack said, "Look at all my frieds. I am so blessed," or something to that effect at the end of the video, we both teared up. Thanks for sharing your memories. Looked like a great party!

    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete