Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Plate of Yuck, Order Up!


Dear Laney,

Months later, you still love playing with your toy kitchen. Just now are you starting to understand the game of "Let's Pretend," which has opened up a whole new world of adventures for us, including "Let's pretend to wash Mom's hands for half an hour," with the role of 'soap' being played by the salt shaker.

Tonight, you made me approximately eight hundred imaginary casseroles. You enjoyed the whole process, but things really took off for you when I started pretending that the "casserole" you were feeding me was the most disgusting thing I had ever tasted. Super funny! And when I accused you of trying to give me salmonella? Hilarious! And when I said it was nastier than hot blue cheese? What a scream!

Well here, see for yourself.


Now, as they say on Top Chef, "Please pack your knives and go."

Love,
Mom

1 comment: