Wednesday, December 7, 2011

If Left To Your Own Fashion Devices...


Dear Laney,

Since we weren't going to be leaving the house yesterday, I let you choose your own ensemble. Here's a little fashion math for you:


Dad's ankle socks + Dinosaur party hat + "Big girl pannies" = what you threw a fit to wear. No shirt. No tanks. 'Ont want to. Don' need shirt. NOOOO.


You're really into "The Land Before Time" this week, or - as you call it - "Di-saur movie." You like us all to wear dinosaur hats while you watch it.

When Dad came home, he brought in the mail and handed you another letter from your cousin Katie. You opened it yourself and then put it in your armpit and wouldn't let us see it. The way you were acting, Katie had just sent you a list of nuclear codes and the only thing keeping us from wiping out North Korea was the content of that candy-scented note. Because I am nosy, this made me nuts.

Laney: 'et's watch Di-saur movie
Mom: Ok. Can I see your letter from Katie?
Laney: No.

I begged, I pleaded, I bribed you with unlimited access to the TV, but no dice.


I have no idea where you've since hidden this note, so I guess the free world is safe for a few more days.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. anonymous= Katie and Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!! We are so proud of her wearing BIG GIRL panties!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete