Saturday, December 3, 2011

We've Got It Pretty Good




Dear Laney,

Sometimes, in the middle of all my complaining (which I would describe as "kvetching" if we lived somewhere I could buy a decent bagel) about the trials and tribulations of living in the boonies with a furry mountain man and a miniature tyrant, I forget to acknowledge just how blessed we are.

Just so it doesn't go without saying, your dad and I love each other very much, we adore you, we're already crazy about your brother and life is pretty great. I was reminded of this after I wrote that post about being exhausted and at wit's end, and then I got an e-mail from Clay Mercer that read something to the effect of, "If you're driving down the road in a $300K car, you can take a rock through the windshield now and then." It was a twisted metaphor and delightful reality check all at the same time.


Life is good. Amen.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment