Thursday, June 7, 2012

66.


Hey y'all -

I like to check the weather in the morning before I dress Laney for school so I can be sure I'm not sending her to school to sweat it out in a parka. Or freeze in a sundress. 

This often depresses me, because the Weather Channel's website has a personalized header that shows the temperatures of the last three places you checked. For me, that's south Florida, Vienna, GA, and our hometown of Alberton. Or, as I like to call them: 96 and sunny, 97 and sunny, and 36 and snowy. 36 and snowy: That's what the picture was for yesterday morning, June 5th. On days like that, I make up excuses to bake things (one slice of toast! a freezer-burned roast for the dogs!) so I can crank the oven up to 400 and rest my head against it. If you put on an airbrushed T-shirt and drink a Miller Lite while you do this, you can almost pretend you're in Alabama. 

Today - because summer is in full swing! - we eked up to 66. EVERYBODY OUTSIDE! Hurry, before the flurries start again and we have to chip the water out of the dogs' bowl with an ice pick. 





I'm not psychic, but I'd bet good money that no one in Dooly County, Georgia is wearing polar fleece today.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment