Saturday, June 2, 2012

Miss Laney's Class




Dear Laney,

You've been promoted to the 3 year-old program at school, and your first day was yesterday. Armed with a lollipop and a little brother, you hit the road at 7:30am.



According to you and the faculty, your first day was a success. This didn't surprise me, because you've really been into playing "School" around the house lately. Specifically, you want to be the teacher. A few nights ago, we sat down on your bedroom floor to play, and you said, "Mommy, please scoot up in the circle so I can see you." (Geometry 101: Two points make a line, not a circle).

Just the other day, we were playing in the yard, and I was holding some rocks we'd collected. You shook your finger at me and warned, "Don't throw those rocks, because you might hit Maya." Maya lives 40+ miles away in Missoula and I'm not known for my pitching arm, but I put my rocks down just the same.

On our way home from your first day of school, you wanted to celebrate with a stop by the river:







When we got home, you still had so much new knowledge in that brain of yours that you just had to share it with somebody, so your dad and I directed you out to the back porch. What's the point of having working dogs, if you can't put them to work?



Ella is on track to be a straight-A student, with bonus points for good conduct. Gus is just waiting for fourth period to be over, so he can go get stoned under the bleachers.




Love,
Mom









No comments:

Post a Comment