Thursday, March 14, 2013

Preschool In The Backcountry



(all photos and video courtesy of the Barnibbe Family)

Dear Laney,

I think I've mentioned before that, along with three other families, we participate in a preschool co-op in Alberton. Every Wednesday, a different family takes a turn hosting all the kiddos. Last week, it was Cedar's turn, and Cedar's dad Todd took all you kids on a hike in the mountains above Alberton. I was glad he did this, because lately when you go for a walk of more than 20 feet, you've been sighing and saying, "Whew, my knees are sure getting tired!" I'm suspicious that your dad drops you off at the assisted living facility to hang out when I'm not looking, because I have no idea where you would have picked that up.

Here's a clip from the video Todd shot on your walk, with my notes/commentary beneath:



  • 00:04 - Yes, Shea is yelling about finding bear poop. This hike is off and running.
  • 00:38 - If there’s anything funnier than Laney bundled up in winter gear, I don’t know what it is. 
  • 1:23 “I have a different kind of lemonade at my house.” Not really. She had a Capri Sun at our house one time and decided to call it lemonade. “It doesn’t taste sour” because it’s actually fruit punch.
  • 1:48 When Todd says, “I like the juice that your mom makes with limes and oranges,” I'm pretty sure he’s talking about margaritas. 
  • 1:56 I have never made a strawberry pie in my life, and I consider most fruit-based desserts to be a waste of my time.
  • 2:27 I’d give cash money to see the look on my grandmother’s face when she watches this video and hears Todd delightedly exclaim, “Hey guys! I found more elk poop!” A bunch of it!"
  • 3:04 Cedar asks, “Laney, do you like Bo On The Go sometimes?” Bo On The Go is this irritating-as-hell cartoon on Netflix that the girls watched together one time. It was mostly about how important it is to exercise, so Laney put Bo in the discard pile and moved on with her life.



When you got back from your hike, you all glued the items that you'd collected to a map:


Oh, yes. That's elk poop glued to the top of your map.

If you ever question how much I love you, know that I once proudly displayed poop on the wall of my house because you thought it was important enough to collect and share.

Love,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment