Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Y'all Just Don't Know




Holy smokes at everything this week has brought:

1) We (appear to have) sold our house. After three years of cleaning my house for strangers, we got an offer, countered, agreed, and signed some papers. Bing bang boom. Now I have 4 weeks to figure out where the heck we're moving. The inspection is next week, and Thor is running through the house, fixing up all the things that might raise the eyebrows of the inspector. I never knew how many things were wrong with my house, 'til Thor started trying to fix them all in a week.

I've never been through the home-buying process before, so it's all pretty alien and anxiety-inducing for me. We met with the mortgage lender yesterday - a meeting I had lost sleep over for a week - and it went surprisingly well. "What did you think was going to happen?" Thor asked. "I thought she was going to ask me what the hell I've been doing with my life, and then question all of my choices and then demand I leave her office at once. Probably in a German accent." The only part of that that came true was that the lender was a German lady.

We're going to be moving into Missoula, which will save us two hours a day on the interstate and $600/month on gas. I'm not even making that up.

2) Thor got a promotion, but we'll make time to celebrate when he's done installing those baseboard heaters.

3) Laney learned to write her name. For a while now, she's known how to make the letters, but she's preferred to draw them all on top of each other. Last week, I said, "Hey Laney, let's try a crazy, out-of-the-box idea, and put them all in a line!" She shrugged like, "If that's what you're into..." and then wrote her name (along with a picture of my glasses) -


Thanks to everyone who's been talking to Jesus on our behalf in re: the sale of our home. I guess He finally got tired of hearing from y'all and made it happen. Thanks for your persistence and support. 

Love,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment