Friday, March 8, 2013

Sue-shi


Hey y'all -

Last night, I went to a "Hands-On Sushi Making" class at The Good Food Store with Grandma Sue.


It was very informative, and I'm so glad I went, but between the warm temperature and the teacher's soothing voice and the fact that I was on leave from children who don't hush, I worried a little about falling asleep face-down in a bowl of sticky rice.

The teacher had us go around the room and introduce ourselves, and share why we wanted to take a sushi class. I said something like, "I haven't had any decent sushi in Montana, so I thought I'd see if I could do it myself." Only after that had left my mouth did I remember that our teacher runs the sushi program at the store. Then later, when he asked if we students had any questions, Grandma Sue raised her hand to ask if the store carried any of her favorite ingredients, only to find out that they're all "not sustainable," and therefore frowned upon at the store. So there we were: The Snob and The Earth-killer.

That picture on the top right is of the rolls I made in class.

That picture on the top right is what your dad had for breakfast.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment