Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bundle Up


Dear Laney,

You might not remember this, but last July, your grandfather from Georgia came for a visit, and we made fun of him for wearing his winter jacket every day even though the temperatures hovered in the low 60s. I thought he was the biggest baby I had ever seen, but I was wrong. Wrong, I say.

Because last week, Peg Peg topped him. I present the following evidence:

1) Peg Peg spent lots of time sitting in a parked car in our driveway working on her crossword puzzles, because she said it was the only warm spot on our whole property.


You were fine with this, because you love pretending to drive. Also, she taught you how to honk the horn with your stomach, which is the kind of thing that would annoy our neighbors if we had any.

2) She took to wearing my bathrobe over her clothes for added warmth.


You can take the grandmother out of Florida, but you can't take the Florida out of the grandmother.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment