Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's A Good Thing You Can't Read



Dear Laney,

Yesterday, we cleared out of the house so Dad could finish the final draft of his thesis, a.k.a. my nemesis. When that thing is finally done, I'm going to light it on fire and dance around it in some kind of New Age ritual to get all the bad vibes out of my house. Grandma Sue, look into appropriate rituals, and report back to me.*

We went to the park at the Frenchtown pond, which I had never taken you to before. After parking the car, we discovered the "Play It Safe" sign pictured above, which we roundly ignored. I can't imagine driving half an hour, only to explain to you that we'll have to come back in three and a half years when the powers-that-be think you're capable of conducting yourself on the equipment.

Anyhoo, it's good that we ignored the sign. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had such a super-fun day.


Love,
Mom

* I know it seems like I'm making fun of Grandma Sue here, but I'm not. The last time you were at her house, she made you listen to Yanni, so I suspect she's the right person for this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment