Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pre-Mother's Day Festivities



Dear Laney,

You came home from school yesterday with a basket of Mother's Day goodies for me, including this homemade card, a bag of M&Ms (which you ate), a box of granola (which you ate), and a necklace made out of Froot Loops (which you ate).



It's okay that I missed out on the sugary snacks, because to me, the biggest gift was that you allowed me to put your hair in a ponytail. I actually clapped, jumped up and down, and sang "Happy Mother's Day to meeeeee....," which your dad thought was a little excessive.

Speaking of excessive, you picked that old tacky necklace out of my drawer to wear to school today. You're probably the only toddler at school who looks like a refugee from Talbots. Oh, why not? You might as well dress like a grown-up if you're going to be signing the propane bill:


Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment