Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Hat That Keeps On Giving



Hey Y'all -

Back in 2009, Peg Peg bought this hat for Laney. By the time we decided to take our first family Christmas picture, it was almost too small, and we ended up just perching it on top of her head:

True story about Laney's big head: When she was born, one of the nurses at the hospital came to me with the ugliest knit hat I had ever seen. She said, "There's a group of ladies who like to knit hats for the new babies. We found one at the bottom of the bag that we think might fit Laney." It was burnt orange and I'm convinced it had been sitting in the bottom of that bag since 1978, just waiting on a baby with a head big enough to claim it.

But back to the Elmer Fudd hat... I had largely forgotten about it until I noticed it hanging up in Laney's room the other day, so I brought it out for Baby #2:





Different baby. Same big head. Equally precious.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment