Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tire-d


Dear Laney,

I'm so sick of having a yard full of snow and slush, I can't even tell you. I long for the day when I can open the front yard and tell you to go play outside without worrying that you're going to skate around the driveway like Peggy Fleming on a bender.

For a change of scenery, I loaded you and your brother into the car this afternoon and took you to play in the field behind the Alberton Community Center / Senior Center / Town Hall / Library / Fried Chicken / Live Bait:


On our way, we ran into some neighbors who were also in the mood to play outside, specifically, on the road*:


Can't wait for the thaw.

Love,
Mom

*Actual conversation I once had:

Brooke's Boss: Why were you late dialing in to the conference call?
Brooke: Sheep.
Brooke's Boss: Moving on...


No comments:

Post a Comment