Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Inside The Box






Hey y'all -

I read an interview with the actor Jeff Daniels a few years ago in Esquire. He has a few boys, lives in Michigan, and the whole family plays pretty serious hockey. Around their house, they use the phrase "Skate to the box." It refers to those times when you know your behavior is so bad, you don't even need to wait for the ref to tell you, you just put your head down and skate to the box. I thought it was such a funny idea that your dad and I started using it around the house... Gus knocks over a glass of water on the coffee table and then trots over to the back door with his head down: he's skating to the box.

You guys weren't all that hard to handle today, and were actually pretty cute, but I still think for future misbehaving occasions, I'm going to refer to the Pack n' Play as "The Box."

Try not to have to skate to it.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment