Thursday, July 5, 2012

And Now, The Rest Of The Story


Hey y'all -

I forgot I had another camera in my bag, and I actually have a few more pictures from our trip yesterday.

We had a two-hour layover in Denver, and our gate was conveniently located next to a Ben & Jerry's. Laney went for the berry sorbet, which made me wonder if we share any DNA at all; I always say, when it comes to dessert, fruit is a waste of my time.





Thanks, Hagen, for letting her borrow your bib.

On our second flight, we were on a plane with only two seats on each side of the aisle, so Laney and I sat on one side, and Dad and Hagen shared a seat across from us:



While your dad and Hagen were napping away, Laney and I were making Play-Doh pizzas and I was tasting everything that came out of "the oven."



Then, I invented a low-budget puppet show called "Shy Lion" - I put a lion sticker on my finger and hid him behind a magazine and did a whole performance about how the lion really wants to come out and meet Laney, but he's just too shy.



Laney giggled like this was the funniest thing she's ever seen. The two year-old boy in the row in front of us was getting squirmy, so I included him in the show, too. I was working myself to death to entertain seats 21B and 22C.

I looked across the aisle and asked your dad, "Do you want to swap with me? You can come over here and do the sticker thing and I'll hold Hagen?"

He pretended to consider it, then looked at me and said:

"Dance, Monkey."

...and then went back to sleep.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment