Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Beware of Tourists


Hey y'all -

We had some time on this trip to explore some of the kid-friendly activities in Lincoln.

It was in the high 90's most of the time we were there. Outside a restaurant one afternoon, I thought I had stepped in something sticky. Instead, after picking up my feet a few times, I discovered that the bottoms of my Crocs were melting onto the asphalt. In hindsight, this may have been God's way of telling me I'm too old to wear shoes made out of plastic foam.

To beat the heat, we went to the "sprayground" - a playground with squirting water features. It was kind of a non-event, and I almost wouldn't mention it, except that of the 800+ photos that were taken by our camera on this trip, this is the only one with me in it:



We heard there was a carousel in the mall, so we stopped by there on the way home. It was small and slow and the horses barely went up and down. I told the operator, "I'm just going to help her get on her horse, then I'll get out of your way." "Oh, no," she informed me, "You must ride it with her, because she's under 42 inches tall." Laney and I both looked at her like she must be dumber than a box of hair.



Obviously, she's not familiar with your work. 

When we got off the ride, which even Laney didn't want to do again, I saw the Carousel Rules sign, and realized that - out of sheer boredom - we had broken #2, #3 and #4.  Now we know what Earnhardt Jr feels like when he drives a bumper car at the fair... like he's made for better things.


On our last day in Nebraska, we went to the Children's Zoo. When it comes to grandmas, Cece is the suckeriest sucker who ever suckered. We walked away from that ticket booth with tickets for the zoo, for the train, for the horse ride AND for the camel ride. Laney fed everything that could be fed.






A great time was had by all, but especially by Laney.

Mom: Laney, let's go find some other animals.
Laney: So we can ride them?
Mom: No.




Thanks to Grandpops and Grandma CC for this and every other great day we had on our vacation.

Love,
Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment