Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ay Chihuahua...


Dear Laney,

It's hard to travel with two children and still eat healthy. Because we were in and out of cars and airplanes all day, you ended up eating a lot of things on the trip to Lincoln that I normally wouldn't agree to. Like Kentucky Fried Chicken. And a double scoop of sorbet purchased by your dad when I wasn't looking.  And buttered corn. Oh, so much corn.

On our second night in town, Grandpops decided to take us all out for a nice Mexican dinner, which even Hagen enjoyed.




I struggle sometimes in writing this blog with which details and stories to share. I want it to be an accurate representation of our days together, but I don't want your future classmates to be able to google it and tease you. In short: I share the cute/charming stuff, but keep most poop-related atrocities to myself.

But know this: There will come a time when you're a teenager and you don't like me very much. You'll think I'm mean and evil because I won't let you go somewhere or buy something and you might even accuse me of never doing anything for you. That's when I'm going to tell you the story of the time I used an entire box of newly-opened wipes to scrub down all 64 square feet of a Mexican restaurant's bathroom after you got done with it.


And when you're in the midst of your teenage tantrum, you're going to find me smiling at you and repeating, "You're welcome. You're welcome."

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment