Monday, September 17, 2012

Bonnie & Clyde


Hey y'all -

Laney told me she wanted to drive this morning, so I let her sit in the Subaru and pretend while I cleaned the yard. Usually, she likes to turn on the hazard lights and declare, "It's an 'mergency!"

For a while, I toted Hagen around the yard with one arm, while I picked up trash n' toys n' tools with the other, but then I had a redneck epiphany and decided to just put him in the passenger seat. He's usually amenable to going along with whatever cockamamie idea Laney comes up with, and this morning's imaginary drive to town was no different.





Mom: So, are you guys going on a crime spree? Are you off to rob a bank?
Laney: No, we're going to Targuh.
Mom: What are you going to buy at Target?
Laney: Oh, we're not going to buy anything, we're just going to look at things. 

I swear that particular lie must be genetic, because it's how every southern woman tells her husband she's going to the mall: "Oh, I'm just going to walk around and have a look at what they have. Just to see."  Peg Peg's been selling that one to Tex for 30 years. (Also: "I guess if you're having cake, I'll take a sliver.")

I'm thinking Laney should have told her partner in crime what the plan was before he agreed to get in the car, because it looks like this particular accomplice wants out:


Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment