Sunday, September 30, 2012

King Kong Of The Casa


Hey y'all -

Your dad has been out of town this weekend, training with the Civil Air Patrol. He reviewed his life, and decided, "This full-time-job-plus-two-small-children thing just isn't enough to keep me occupied. I need to get me some hobbies." So we've been left to our own devices for the past few days.

Yesterday, we went into town because our friend Tracy was having a yard sale, and when someone who used to own a day care has a yard sale, you GO.

Hagen got a stuffed Curious George that he was pretty excited about:


I especially love the picture below, because it looks like Hagen is doing an impression of an old woman at a Methodist potluck right after she takes a bite of an inferior potato salad: "Bless her heart, y'all, she tries."

Granny Jack has been sending Laney a weekly letter with a dollar inside, and Laney pooled her dollars and bought a Dora The Explorer dollhouse. Hagen likes it as much as she does, because he can climb up on the roof, King Kong-style, and chew on Dora's head. 


The item I couldn't take my eyes off of, in a slow-motion train wreck kinda way, was this bridesmaid's dress. That's right - there was once an evening when two people swore to love each other forever while surrounded by women in fitted crimson lace. I'm just assuming it was evening, since their kind turns to dust when exposed to daylight.


I just love a successful shopping trip, don't you?

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment