Sunday, September 2, 2012

On Taking A Break



Hey y'all,

Being your mother is the most delightful and rewarding job I could imagine. You make my heart sing. That being said, if I didn't get a break from you every once in a while, I'd end up turning this place out with a chainsaw. Britney Spears was a glossy blonde pop diva until she had two children under the age of three and ended up shaving her head and beating the snot out of a car with an umbrella. I was going to put a picture of that event here, but they were too scary. Do a google image search for "Britney Spears Meltdown," and you'll get a glimpse of a mama who needed a break.

Determined not to become bald n' bonkers, I had a "Mom's Day Out" yesterday with The Other Brooke. We ended up doing what all mothers secretly want to do: have a few cocktails and hit TJ Maxx. Laugh if you will, but I came home with a renewed lease on life and a pair of leather pumps for $20.

_____________

Today, Cedar's dad has the 24-hour flu big that's going around (the first person I know of to be affected was Philip, so I suspect this is a Dooly County import and am blaming south Georgia accordingly), so we took Cedar to the park for a picnic lunch.


Good times were had by all - until we suggested that Laney's imaginary ice cream parlor start offering MInt Chocolate Chip and charging less than $40 per cone...



...and that's when she told us we could get the hell out of her store.

But other than that, it was a perfect day:









Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment