Thursday, September 20, 2012

Roomies




Hey y'all -

Last week, we started the process of moving you into the bedroom downstairs, where you would live together in everlasting peace, harmony and cleanliness. Yes, I was giggling as I typed that, because who the heck do I think I'm kidding?

Our plan for an upstairs "SANCTUARY!!" has only been moderately successful, since we seem to wake up with an extra three year-old in our bed every morning. Laney used to wake us up at two in the morning to ask, "Can I lie down wit' you?" but now she just climbs in ninja-style, hoping we don't notice. She seems to have grasped early the old adage, "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."

Just this morning, I put the finishing touches on your room. I was trying to create a space where you'd both have room to work and play, and everyone would have enough space for his or her stuff. I'm happy with the result:




Cedar is coming over for dinner in six hours, because Laney wants to "show her ALL of the toys." I suspect this room will look like this for exactly the next six hours and 15 seconds.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment