Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Parading Our Dirty Laundry On The Internet



Dear Hagen,

When your sister was your age, I would take to the blog every time she sneezed a new way and call it a milestone. You, on the other hand, achieve actual milestones, and I forget to write about them.

On a semi-related note, there is nothing more irritating to me than people who tell me what I won't be able to do now that I have two children. "You won't take as many photos of the second one," "You won't have time to write the blog," blah blah blah. Hush. I have taken a ridiculous number of photos of you, and I have maintained the blog, but it's like they say in rap videos: haters gonna hate. 

But, in this case, I'll admit that I have failed to mention that:

On August 10th, you started pulling up to a standing position.
On August 22nd, you clapped and I shrieked and clapped back, and now you're into clapping.
On August 25th, you started "cruising" - pulling up on the coffee table and working your way around it .

And last night, this:



Enjoy the view of our dirty laundry, internet! As your dad pointed out, "We can spend a million dollars on walkers, but our kids will always find the laundry basket."

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment