Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dr. Laney Makes House Calls


Dear Laney,

Ever since you got that medical kit for your birthday, you've really been into giving people check-ups. Last night, you wanted to give me a thorough physical, so I hid the camera on a stool to record my "appointment" - just like "60 Minutes" does when they want to catch malpractice in action!

A few minutes into my exam, Hagen discovered the camera's little red light, and spends most of this short video trying to get at it.

As a result of this physical, I learned that I have a bird in my ear, my right eye doesn't work, and I have a flaming case of Creepy-itis. I don't know what that last thing is, but I'm pretty sure Aetna doesn't cover it, so I hope it resolves itself.

I also learned that Cedar and her whole family - especially her mom - need medical attention, stat. I think The Other Brooke has bigger problems than a cold if a 3 year-old is her family's primary care provider. Especially since Dr. Laney's go-to procedure is to jab her patients in the eye with a Q-Tip and cut their tongues with surgical scissors, while insisting, "It only hurts a little bit!"



Looks like a campaign ad for universal health care.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. I think my favorite part is how she pauses when she picks up her phone. She must have learned that in Richard Warner's class: "The Moment Before." I think your kids are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and I love your family!

    ReplyDelete