Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dinner At Cedar's Place


Dear Laney,

Last night, we went over to Brooke and Todd's house for dinner. We had a great time hanging out with them, and you seemed particularly interested in talking to their baby, Cedar. I think if some stranger was trying to climb up in the bassinet with me, I'd have the same look on my face that Cedar does:


I'm glad you wore your sturdy jeans, because last night you got just about as dirty as you've ever been. First, you ate heaping globs of guacamole, then you went crawling through Brooke and Todd's garden trying to catch up to their cat, Orangey. It was fun to watch you explore, even if I had to keep reminding you not to eat the grass.

After dinner, the adults played cards and you sat on my lap and dozed in and out of consciousness, refusing to officially go to sleep. Even when your eyes were rolling back in your head, you refused to be set down. What can I say? You like a good party.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment