Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You And The Dogs: An Intervention


Dear Laney,

Your love for the dogs knows no bounds. Your desire to crawl outside and poke them, pet them, put your hand in their water bucket and put their food bowls on your head is constant.

You spend a lot of your time standing at the back window, banging on the glass and yelling "ELLA!" It's just like that scene in "The Graduate," a movie you shouldn't see until you're in high school.

Today, you ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, then crawled outside to pet Gus. Because you were mixing sticky jelly with a husky in prime shedding season, it only took about two minutes for your hands to look like they were sporting mittens. You got mad at me when I had to hose you off, but I'm starting to worry you're going to end up coughing up a hairball.

Tonight, I was driving us home from dinner, when I could hear your little voice coming from the car seat, whispering "Ella...Ella...Ella..."

Enough already with the dog love.

Or maybe I'm just jealous.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment