Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pool Party, Please


Dear Laney,

Today, it got up to 80 degrees, which by Montana standards is lava hot. So I decided it would be a great day to break out the inflatable pool.

I tried to blow it up by myself for about...oh...ten seconds. Then, I decided the project was hopeless. So your dad brought out his air compressor and hollowed out a ballpoint pen and made a perfect pool-inflating machine. Being married to MacGyver has its perks.


I probably don't need to tell you that the pool was INSANELY COLD, as recently-melted snow tends to be. I didn't get in further than my ankles, and you didn't get in further than your big toe.


Even your dad decided not to sit down, which is saying something, since he's part polar bear.


But still - a good time was had by all.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment