Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Doo Doo Doo, Lookin' Out My Back Door


Dear Laney,

Your dad put up a screen door so you could sit and talk to the dogs if you felt like it. Now, it's possible for you to yell EH-YUH at Ella, which I'm sure she appreciates.

I suspect that the screen door isn't long for this world. Either you're busting out or Ella's busting in, but I'm giving it a week. Last year, Ella figured out how to open this door on her own. She may not have thumbs, but she is an evil genius.

Love,
Mom

UPDATE: This has become one of those days when I end up with heart palpitations and have to take to my bed. I figured you would be happy "talking" to the dogs through the door for the 2 minutes it would take me to run to the bathroom. Less than 2 minutes later, I came back into the living room to discover that Ella remembered how to open the door, and you and the dogs are all sitting outside together, chilling on the deck. The dogs were laying down and you were drumming on Gus' food bowl, happy as a clam.

Life would be a lot less stressful if I never let you out of the baby backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment