Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Laney vs the Dishwasher

Dear Laney,

Maybe there is a child behaviorologist lurking out there amongst our readers who could explain this behavior to me:

Yesterday, you dragged all of your dad's shoes into a pile in the kitchen, then you spilled out the contents of your Tupperware basket. All of that is perfectly normal. But then you entertained yourself for 30 minutes with three forks, trying to decide where they should go.

You're almost exactly 300 days old, which means you've seen me load and unload the dishwasher about 150 times. But I'm pretty sure I've never done it like this (edited in triple time, because it's 3x funnier that way) -


Love,
Mom

6 comments:

  1. Hi Laney,

    I do hope that you get out of Montana on day. For your mom's sake.

    Love,

    Aunt Kim Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so that did not come out the way that I meant it. We would like you guys to come down South. Hope that sounds better. :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does that mean that you are not coming?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I get what you're saying. I'd love to have a second home in Nashville, in fact. If I hadn't met Thor, I probably would have moved there. I miss the cheese dip at the Tin Roof, the deck at SATCO and buying $2 PBRs at The Stage on lower Broadway. But I'm married to a furry mountain man who gets a heat rash in his unmentionables when the weather gets above 70.

    That was my friend Brooke - also from Alberton - who commented with the hahaha! (which was very nice of her). 86% of the Alberton population is named Brooke, so it's very confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got it. Thanks for the clarification. Well we (Mom and I) are EXREMELY luck to have PegPeg and Tex in our lives and by default you, Thor and Laney. Glad you have your blog. It keeps me entertained. :)

    ReplyDelete